Saturday, February 22, 2014

Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard for Civil 3D and 3DS Max


I needed a new keyboard so I purchased a Logitech G510s Gaming Keyboard. Since I use AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and 3DS Max, I felt I could benefit from the macro keys on a gaming keyboard. I'm not sure how well it's going to work with the Autodesk software but I'll gave it a shot. Once I get all the macros keys setup, I’ll post a full review.



 
I have a few macro keys setup for AutoCAD Civil 3D.
 
 
 

 
After using the Logitech G510s gaming keyboard for a week, it has been a great help so far. The software profiles are nice and clear on the display. The media buttons and volume roller works well. Creating commands for the G-keys was easy using the Multi Key option under the Command Editor. I have not had time to test the G-keys on 3D Studio Max and other software but will try to do so in the coming days. It took a few days to get use to but the G-keys are a big help with AutoCAD/Civil 3D. The only issue I’m running into is the space bar will double space every so often when I type. Other than that, the overall keyboard and G-keys are working great for AutoCAD/Civil 3D.

 
More to come.
 

2 comments:

  1. That gaming keyboard looks amazing. I love the keyboard with colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a little update on the keyboard. I ended up exchange it for another one. I was having a hard time typing with the space bar and other keys double tapping or spacing. Everything is working great so far.

    ReplyDelete