Monday, April 10, 2023

360 Degree Animation

So, I created a shared use path in Civil 3D for a work project. The path has a bridge which I modeled in AutoCAD with solids. The bridge is just for show until our structural team designs the bridge. I created a 360 degree video using Twinmotion. My workflow is Civil 3D/AutoCAD > Infraworks > 3DS Max > Twinmotion. I had to add metadata to the video using a metadata injector in order for YouTube see the 360 video. The 360 degree video can be viewed on a PC, smartphone, VR headset and a VR Google cardboard type. This process in Twinmotion can be very time consuming. The video took about eight hours to process. Below are my current PC hardware specs.

ASUS ROG B550 Motherboard.
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core, 32-Thread CPU.
64 Gigs of DDR4 RAM.
NVIDIA GTX 3090Ti Founders Edition GPU.
ASUS ROG STRIX 1000G PSU.


Play the below video and use the mouse to pan around. If you are using a smartphone, rotate the phone to look around.


No comments:

Post a Comment